A Priority Pledge
Food Safety is a priority at Foster-Caviness. Both before product enters our facility, and before it leaves our docks, we have established rigorous handling procedures, security plans, safety programs, and facility sanitation to insure against the risk of contamination. To ensure the enforcement of these processes and procedures, we contract a third party, independent inspection service, the American Sanitation Institute (ASI), to frequently audit our sanitation systems and practices. The result is a safe, consistent product, enabling Foster Caviness to consistently score a Superior Food Safety Rating.
An Industry Leader in Food Safety
- Safe Quality Food (SQF Level 2) Certified
- Full HACCAP and recall programs.
- Cold-chain management program with re-inspection
- Fully washable surfaces and floors for frequent sanitation
- Multi-temperature storage facilities with refrigerated docks
- Modern, refrigerated truck fleet
Food safety and Foster go back over 20 years! This longtime commitment set us apart as an emerging leader in Food Safety. In February 2016 we moved to an even higher level of accountability, as we underwent our first SQF audit.
SQF is recognized by retailers, foodservice providers and regulatory agencies around the world. It is the only Global Food Safety Initiative (GFSI) recognized standard, which made our drive to go after this certification a no-brainer!